Sunday, March 9, 2008

End of the story

Just because I'm sure you are all dying to know what happened with C and her Captain Crunch addiction, I thought I'd share. I kept doing the same thing I had been doing. Offering her what we were having. Having her refuse it and scream at me until I made her say please and she got her Captain Crunch. And guess what, she got over it herself. She didn't even ask for any today. She probably got sick of it. hahaha Anyway, she is back to eating table food with us. I appreciate all of the comments and thoughts though. She got over it all on her own. For the record though, I am a mom who gives my kids sugar cereals. I know I won't win any parent awards for that, but I'm not ashamed of it either. My kids do a great job of eating their vegetables (really, I'm not lying) and they also enjoy a variety of ethnic foods most kids aren't even exposed to. With all of my fears and concerns about my children and their health and well-being, giving them cereal in the morning isn't making my short list. I'm sure at some point, when I manage my sleep better and get up early enough to cook a breakfast, that will change. But now isn't that time for me. I hope it is some day soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

4 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Yes, sugar cereals...they are too tasty for their own good. I'm glad Calet has moved on...

Robyn said...

Phew! Way to go mama!

Joy said...

A little sugar won't hurt! Glad Calet has gone back to table food!

Croft Family said...

Good for you. You are a great mom!