Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hi grandma!

I have a really cool link that I'm adding to my blog. It is Brad's mom on her local news station. Next to the article (above her picture) is a video of the interview. At the end of the article, it mentions that she wears feathers in her hair (she is Cherokee). All this time I've been married to Brad, I didn't know it was to honor her mother. You learn something new everyday! It was also fun seeing the Indian Head penny she always wears. I should ask her what that is representing. We sure love her and miss her lots.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=8000218

5 chocolate lovers:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool.

Mamapierce said...

Neat-o frit-o! :o)

Becky said...

That's a cool thing! How far back does his Cherokee lineage go? I have a very small percent, but it's still fun to know where our families come from. I'm mostly Norwegian.

Croft Family said...

That's cool. I have never met or even knew what Brad's mom looked like. I have heard about her but that's about it.

Robyn said...

Tyler and I just sat and watched the video. What a neat thing she does! And that is a neat tradition too!