Wednesday, March 19, 2008

After getting all the kids lunch, I left C in her chair while I did dishes. J came running down saying he needed help getting his ball. I asked him to wait a minute and he said it couldn't wait. He is usually a pretty patient kid, so I said, and I quote, "I'm only getting it down for you one time J. You can't throw it on top of things." "That's not the problem, mommy." I get up to C room, and the vent cover was up. That's not a good sign. I couldn't see it with a flashlight, and couldn't reach it. I told them it was gone. Oh the wailing that ensued! They were just distraught. J asked me where it went and I said tube goes to the furnace. He made me show him the furnace. After seeing the vent and the ducts, he composed himself and said that it would be okay, because it wasn't possible for it to roll that far without a hill. Are you sure you are 6?! Brad and I needed to get the vents cleaned anyway since it is a foreclosure and probably hasn't been done in the 3 yrs it was abandoned, so we made an appointment for Monday. Brad was the hero and tonight reached it himself. We are still getting the vents cleaned. :)

4 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Poor kid! I'm glad Brad saved the day. We just had our vents cleaned. It took a LONG time and our house is smaller than yours, so make sure you leave your day WIDE open when they come. :o)

Robyn said...

Dad's are the best! Way to save the day!

Becky said...

Isn't there some sort of a snake device for reaching somethings? I'm sure Ive seen a commercial for it on the "As seen on TV adds" which are sooo annoying. We got our vents cleaned and it was a major cleaning costing us 400.00. The lady that lived here before us had 3 full sized dogs living inside. The guy showed my the bag full of fur. I think we might have found their 4th missing dog, ick! My allergies have been much better since we did it though.

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

Oh lil boys, They are pretty awesome huh!

-Becky T