Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn - updated with pictures!



Okay, I'm officially back in the world of the living. I turned my ringer back on. That last part is a joke actually, as I never got a chance to turn it off as Brad was working until 6 tonight. Anyway, I finished the book awhile ago, and it was of course, AWESOME! So, if anyone else is done and wants to talk about it, let me know! :) I don't want to call and bug anyone in case they are still reading.

***UPDATE #2*** I've gotten a couple of emails asking how I finished so fast. Well, for one thing, I'm a really quick reader. For another thing, I'm a night owl by nature. I started about 12:30 am and didn't sleep until 7:30 am. That is 7 hours of uninterrupted reading (if you don't count poor Brad's pager going off a bunch). Then I slept until the kids got up at 9. Got them cereal and read until lunch when I made them PB&J. Brad took them out to dinner when he got home at 6, so I didn't have to worry about that. I rented some movies at Blockbuster and pretty much let the boys watch movies and play computer all day. They did great for the most part. Stinkerbell spent most of the time she was awake in my bed with me, either on my lap or reading her own books. The only things I ate all day were leftover cookies from Max and Erma's and 2 ham and cheese lunchables. I traded days with Mark so I wouldn't have to teach my Sunday School class today. (This was before I got released today. And for the record, I did not ask for the trade, he did since he will be gone next week.)

***UPDATE*** I went and read some reviews on the book, and I have to say that I really don't agree. Stephenie is not out there to teach young women how to be independent and be their own person before they get married. She is writing a story about a dream she had of 2 people. 2. This is Edward's story just as much as Bella's even if he isn't the narrator. She is writing a love story. If you don't like love stories, then this probably isn't something you would enjoy. Do I like stories where everything ties up nicely with a nice little bow? As a matter of fact I DO!! I really hated that HP killed off some of my favorite characters. I like happy stories. Happy endings. Tied up story lines. Happily ever after. I tend to avoid sad. I don't like sad. There is quite enough in the world, thank you very much. Give me happy endings any day. And of course some of the book is far fetched. Hello! It's a vampire story for crying out loud. What isn't far fetched about any of it?!

Me and Shan at the party with our tiaras!

My loot. Tiara and bracelet, necklace, button, stickers, and chocolate.

Yes, the tiara was silly, but you have to admit this necklace is pretty fun.

4 chocolate lovers:

Sarah C said...

I am reading it today, but I am not done yet. I will let you know when I finish.

Laurie said...

I've been anxious to know if you like it. I don't have a copy yet, but I know a couple spoilers. I also scanned the reviews at Amazon to see and they aren't very good. I'll be interested to hear your full review soon. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a copy myself!

Becky said...

Wasn't it marvelous?! I loved it! I read some people's reviews too and I think some people forget the genre they are reading, yes, hello, vampires and werewolves (or shape shifters)! I loved how all things I was curious about got resolved and that Jacob is happy, that was important. I should probably not write too much in case people who haven't read it read this comment :)

Sarah C said...

I loved it. I loved all of it. I plan on reading it again soon. This is by far my favorite series of books. I am not a big reader, but I am a huge fan of this series.