Friday, July 17, 2009

Wanna hear a secret?

You already know I'm a nerd. I don't hide that. In fact, to prove my point, I'll tell you that I had my first Robert Pattison inspired dream last night (in my defense, I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night, so it was more of a Cedric dream than an Edward dream). And what happened in my Robert dream? I was in class and everyone was taking turns picking someone to draw a house. And he picked me to draw a house. So really, it was more of a nightmare as my drawing skills are abominable and drawing in public would cause a slight panic in a conscious Melisa. So, I have Robert nightmares. Told you I was nerdy.

I've been wanting to share this for awhile, but there were too many other posts needing to be written! But I'm not leaving the house today, so I can't be shocked by Philly traffic. So I have my chance to tell you about the website that takes my breath away nearly every single day. I audibly gasp every time I go there. It is my closet obsession. Very few people know how obsessed I am with this. It is my desktop background on my laptop. But I do put some of the blame on Brad's Uncle George for feeding this obsession and giving me this website. Ready for it? No, it isn't my obsession with Oreos. Here it is:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

Want a sneak preview?




Did you gasp too?! Aren't those spectacular?! I love all things star and nebula (okay, not the physics part). It is impossible for me to look at images like this and not see a bigger scheme and a higher hand in this world of ours. God is amazing.

8 chocolate lovers:

elg said...

Oh you just had to go and point out that Cedric == Edward, didn't you?

Cindy said...

Gorgeous! We went to the observatory at the U for a scout thing last year and I swore that I would remember all of the cool things that they told us.....uh....nope. It is really fascinating.....just not things that my brain can retain!

Melisa said...

elg - I feel silly but I completely forgot about it until he came on the screen!

Cindy - I hear ya! My brain just can't fathom some things.

Becky said...

We're going to see HP this evening while my sister watches the boys. So exciting! So, in your dream, was it the character Edward or was it the actor Robert? Did you have to draw with that blood pen from the last HP?

Jenn said...

I saw the Half-Blood Prince last night! It was great, except that they added a couple of things that just didn't happen and had no relative point (but maybe they will in the next movie...) And I am eternally in awe of the creations of the Lord.

Jessi said...

What a neat website, indeed! Those pictures *are* amazing! God's creations are definitely nothing short of amazing.

Is it sad that I don't know who Robert Pattison is....or Cedric...or Edward?

PS. My word verification is "jamos". *wink*

Dunstan Family said...

amazing wow they are so beautiful

Des said...

those are pretty amazing. love it.