Tuesday, July 27, 2010

That is just sad

Our family was asked to sing in church with some other families. Our family is not the most musically gifted family around, so it took some convincing (read: bribery) to persuade the kids (and me) to sing in front of an audience.

We had a couple of practices before and after church, plus time practicing at home. I asked the kids what they wanted as a reward for doing such a great job. They wanted to go to McDonald's and get desserts there too. And they didn't want to pay for the toys in the Happy Meals. We use the Handipoints system (linked on the side). If they want their toy in their Happy Meal, it costs them 25 Handipoints.

Sadly enough, on the way home, they couldn't stop talking about how this is their first time to get dessert at McDonald's, like it was the greatest.thing.ever. Sundaes off the Dollar Menu are the highlights of my kids' day. And for the record, I don't think it is the first time they've had dessert at McDonald's, but it has been quite awhile...


4 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

How did the song go? What did you sing?

Jenn said...

That's pretty funny! My kids have never had dessert at McDonald's either. We'll go to Braum's once in a while, but I rarely even go to McDonalds. Good job having the courage to sing, I don't think there is anything that would get me up there!!

Alexandra said...

Bravo! Sonic has .99 sundaes right now! :) But sometimes the budget just wont allow it and that's OK too! You would have to hold me at gun point to sing!!

I didn't see a link, what's a handipoint?

nicole said...

Nice! We call the fruit and yogurt parfaits at McDonalds ice cream, so the kids always think they're getting a special treat. Healthy and tasty too! (But I still prefer the hot fudge sundae!)