Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another obsession

For the first time in a really really really really long time, Brad had a weekend night off at the same time that I could actually find a sitter. I was thrilled! We've had a gift certificate to a nice restaurant here for nearly a year (Brad won it on the radio). And with uninterrupted Brad time, I wanted to see a movie with him as well. As my college roommates can attest, I have loved ABBA for 31 years. And it was hitting theaters last night. The same time as that Batman movie. I knew how much Brad wanted to see it, so I thought I'd give him the option, as he rarely gets nights off to see movies. To his credit he said, "You want to see Mamma Mia right. Let's go to that one." He is so amazing. The dinner was fabulous. I got my "steak au poivre" and we got these incredible spinach pillows for appetizers. Ohhh, I must have that recipe! We made it to the movie and I think he was one of 5 guys in the theater. I actually started crying during Dancing Queen. Not because it was sad, but because I was just so happy to be watching it. I know, I'm a freak. And no, I won't be crying while watching Twilight. At least not out of joy to be watching it. After the movie, we shared a Molten Cake at Applebee's, only to have our sitter call and say that she has a migraine and needs to go home. I know my kids give me headaches, but that was pretty fast! Oh, how I need a reliable sitter with a driver's license! Is that so much to ask?!

3 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Hey Abba queen! I'm glad you enjoyed your Brad time - at least you were able to eat dinner, watch the movie AND eat dessert before she called, right? That's not too bad. :o) I'm glad you got some quality time with your man. You deserve it!

Natalie said...

Okay, that is hilarious. I feel your thrill, though, because I get teary-eyed when I watch "So You Think You Can Dance" because I love it. :) I'm so glad you got to have a marvelous night out with Brad. You deserve it! Tell your sitter to toughen up. :)

Raina said...

Ok I guess I don't watch tv very much but can you fill me in on what is Abba?
I am glad you got to go on a date with your hubby! That is a pretty lame babysitter. She doesn't know what hard work is yet.