Friday, April 15, 2011

Traffic law

As I am sure I have mentioned, I'm just not a fan of Philly traffic. Ugh. So, I'm calling on people with knowledge of traffic laws to help me out. What do you make of this intersection?

Like my stop signs? And my lovely house really is that long and narrow. So, knowledgeable people of traffic law, who has the right of way in the following situations?

  • Turning onto "My Street" from Main

  • Turning on Main from My Street

I try and turn onto My Street and the people "stopping" at Bad Street don't even pay attention to that sign and stop at the My Street sign, effectually blocking my turn onto My Street since they are stopped across the street.


I was trying to turn onto My Street today and the lady completely blew through the Bad Street sign WHILE I WAS TURNING onto My Street. I'm still shaking. I honked and she stopped, but I'm really tired of this happening.


Any ideas on how to deal with this besides moving, which is obviously my first choice. I called the Traffic Safety number and he said to treat it like it is an intersection, so, the people on Bad Street don't have to stop for people coming down My Street if they got there first. Okay fine, but the fact is, even if I DO get there first, they still go while I'm there. Freaking annoying. Don't you take TURNS at an intersection???


Have I mentioned I am really, as in REALLY excited to move? Is 52 weeks to soon to start my count down?

3 chocolate lovers:

Hawk said...

Ok... I look at those signs...

Basically, the bad street is coming out onto your street. Thus your street has the right away, the bad street must stop to you.You as the turner from main street do not have to yeild to bad street. Bad street does not connect to main street, thus it is like when you come out of a cul de sac onto the main street in the neighbourhood, the main street has the right away.
Turning from your street onto main, again, you have the right away over bad street simply because you are the MAIN STREET turning, as bad street turns onto your street first.

I hope that makes sense. I had two little boys running around trying to avoid nap time!

Jenn said...

Hawk's got it. And 52 weeks is not too soon. Can't wait to see you next week!!

Mamapierce said...

It's NEVER too early to start your countdown to visiting us in FL. :D