Saturday, February 16, 2008

Book coma

Well, I finally broke down and started reading the books my mom left with me after she went home. It's the Twilight series for those curious. And yes, as much as I love Harry Potter, I loved these more. Mostly because I'm a romantic and that isn't the core of HP books. Anyway. I started reading on Monday night and finished the 3rd book on Thursday. If you are curious, the first book is 512 pages, the second 608, and the third 640. I'm a bit of a reading addict if I get a book I love. I didn't start reading HP until a month or two before the 5th book came out and I hated waiting for books 6 and 7. Ugh. But, now I'm in the position of waiting until Aug for the final book of this series to be out. Dang. I hate waiting for books. I should have just waited until July to start, because now I have a slight obsession. Dang again. I wasn't really in a hurry to start them, because I know how I get with books, but then my mom started calling Brad an Edward, and I just had to know if that was a good thing or not. But I have to agree with my mom. While Brad is an Indian like Jacob, and he keeps me really warm since I'm constantly freezing, he's an Edward.

So, that is why my house is now a disaster. I've put all unneccessary items on the back burner so I could finish. Clean up kids puke, yes, I did that. Wash laundry, did that. Put away laundry, ah, no, not so much. Make sure kids are fed, did that. Do dishes that result, ah, not so much. And now I need to play catch up on my house work. Fun. Actually, Brad is such an Edward that he did the dishes and laundry while I was finishing book 3. He is so amazing.

But now, the kids are done puking, my neighbor has the books, I've read all of the additional reading on her website, and I can go back to normal life. Until Aug that is, when I will probably devote a day to reading book 4. Don't call me on Aug. 3. Seriously, don't.

5 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

I'm sorry to hear that your kids were sick...I'm glad they're better now. Hooray for Brad helping with dishes - it always makes me so happy when Tyler does them for me. :o)

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I LOVE those books!! I just finished them a couple weeks ago, and like you am so excited for the next book to come out! I also can't wait for the movie in December. I just hope they do the book justice.

Robyn said...

Love that series as well. But I don't know. Not sure they are better then HP. Romance wise, hands down they do, but in every other way for me go HP!

Raina said...

Now your getting me interested in the books. I am not much of a book person. But I am in awe of your talent to finish three books by Thursday. I just don't read that fast! If I did I would probably read more often. But sometimes I swear I have ADD. I am such a social person it is to my detriment. I seem to go to a lot of social events, talk on the phone, e-mail, and my blogging. Got to Run!
Raina

Unknown said...

That's exactly how I am when I get a good book. I literally can't put it down until I finish. Dave hates it, because I tune absolutely everything out, including people talking to me. :) I loved reading the Twilight books!!!