Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Swedish meatballs

Sugar has a friend in school with a Swedish mother. They are super sweet and invited us over for lunch after school today.

The girls had a blast playing and I loved talking to Sonia. So much fun learning about Sweden. She asked if we'd like Swedish meatballs for lunch. I said sure! I was thinking of the mushroomy gravy kinda meatballs that I usually make when I say Swedish meatballs. It turns out, in Sweden, they don't really put marinara or gravy on their pasta. They put ketchup. They use ketchup for pasta and not much else. I was a little skeptical, but it was quite tasty! Who knew?!

4 chocolate lovers:

Unknown said...

yum! They're actually really good if you chop them in half, put them on bread with strawberry jam, and have a meaty fruity sandwich. sounds weird, i know.

Melisa said...

LOL! Yes it does! Weirder even than ketchup. ;o)

Jenn said...

Ugh, all of it sounds gross!! Meatballs and ketchup would be alright, since that's sort of like a hamburger, but ketchup only on spaghetti? Just wrong.

Mamapierce said...

Recipe please!