Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sheesh

How did I get so far behind? Oh yes, I remember. Life happens.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We enjoyed having Brad's family here. It was fun seeing C and Aeryn together again.

I'm enjoying the snow here, much to my surprise. I feel pretty bad for OK though. That sounds like a pretty bad storm. I'll bet the trees in our old yard are down. They wouldn't have made it through that storm. And so many of our friends are without power. Still. Days later. I'm glad we don't have to deal with that. Yet. I'm sure MI has plenty of nasty weather in store for us.

The frozen rain we enjoyed on Tues caused our skylight to start leaking. Oh, the joys. The hallway to the upstairs is now a danger zone. At anytime you could be hit with falling spackle. Oh the joys. There is always something to be fixed on houses, huh. Houses and cars.

We finally got our indoor Christmas decorations put up this week. We are still waiting for Brad to be home during the daylight hours to put up our outdoor lights. I'm so glad we moved. It forced us to reorganize and for the first time in many Christmases, I actually found all of our Christmas stuff. Yeah! The kids favorites have been decorating our little 3 ft artificial tree, playing with the advent calendars, and most especially, the Little People Nativity, Shepard, Drummer Boy, and Thanksgiving set. They just love them.

We got a new china cabinet. Well, it isn't new. We got it for a steal on Craigslist. It is so beautiful. Just getting it here was a long story though. We were having company for dinner, which Brad missed, because of the problems with the cabinet. Let's just say the van was out of gas, it was the middle of no where, the cabinet wouldn’t fit in the van, he had to by straps and a tarp to put in ON TOP of the van, the guy was drunk, it was raining, he had to drive super slowly because of the rain and the cabinet, etc. And J ran into a wall and got a nasty gash under his eye. It could have used stitches, but we didn't take him. It healed fine though.

And C had her first birthday. Very cute pictures to come. She is such a doll. She is still only walking 5-10 steps at the most. She got in 4 molars. Unbelievable. She had 12 teeth before she was 1. Ugh. At her 1 yr appointment, we found that she hasn't gained even an ounce since her 9 mo. At least she isn't losing weight. She is still exactly 21 lb 15 oz. She dropped from the 92% to the 64%. She has grown almost 2 inches in height.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but this is a good start, right? I hope to get pictures and videos up soon. I have a lot of them accumulating on my camera.

2 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

I hope OK won't have bad weather when we're there...

Unknown said...

I'm glad to know you are still alive. It took only 9 days for you to make a new post since I started the poll on my blog on how long it would take you to make a new post.