Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jamo's birthday

We just did a little celebration for Jamo's birthday. Brad always works late on Mondays, so we just did presents, cake and ice cream. Probably the big party will be later on when we celebrate his baptism next week.

I have made a new tradition for birthday cakes. The kids get to do their own. I don't like decorating and they do. Plus, I don't have to feel bad if they don't turn out nice. Win win! So, here is Jamo's cake this year:



He loved decorating his own cake! I loved not feeling the pressure!

The slide of his birthday and his super handsome 8 yr pictures are over on Cookie. There is a sneak peek on Danica's amazing site.


9 chocolate lovers:

Unknown said...

Oh I love it! What a great idea! The slide show is great too! He is so handsome! Thanks for sharing Melisa!

Mamapierce said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Jamo! When did he get glasses?

Benji and Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, seems like just yesterday when mom and I came out to Oklahoma to see the little guy. Time is a flyin'!

ps love the cake decorating strategy- I might have to adopt it :)

Cindy said...

What a great idea! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to have him decorate his own!! Might have to try that one. :)

Sarah C said...

Happy Birthday!

Robyn said...

wow! crazy how time flies.

I have the same birthday cake tradition... for the same reasons...isn't it great??

TheFamousStacie said...

He did a great job! That's what I'm doing today. Baking cakes! I can't believe how big he is!

Jillian said...

You're brave. When I allow kids to ice or decorate cookies/cake, esp. with sprinkles, I lay out newspaper first. When they're done, I roll it up and toss. No child can clean up sprinkles without making them worse. He is simply adorable. Totally adorable.