Monday, April 19, 2010

Blue-eyed beauty

I found out today what a pair of beautiful blue eyes can do. I took my paperwork to the Parks and Rec department today so we could get cards to attend the pool this summer. There is a long list of things you can bring to prove residency, none of which I had. I had a lease with Brad's name, but I was in MI so my name wasn't on it. I had report cards with the boys' names. And a birth certificate worked for Sugar. So, I brought in my marriage license, thinking surely they would see that with Brad's name on the lease and my name on the marriage license (AND THE CHECK!!!) that it would suffice. Nope. I had to have something with my name and the Philly address. Grrr. Finally, I got him to agree to let me fax in a electric bill with my name on it. I wanted to whine about how ridiculous that was, or ask for a supervisor, but instead, I bit my tongue, which has been used far too much to argue lately (not with anyone in particular, I've just felt feisty lately). While I was waiting for him to fill out the cards, Sugar started charming the socks off the guy's co-worker with her signing and general adorableness. Before you know it, he's got some dog puppets and toys and has Sugar cooing. And don't you know, I leave with cards for everyone, including me. Thanks, my little Sugar Bean!


8 chocolate lovers:

kofoeds5 said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :o)

Mamapierce said...

The power of being cute. :)

Laurie said...

Yay. Always enjoy your posts. Just remember- you're getting your family history done when you do it!!

Jenn said...

Yay, a new post!! Blue eyes are wonderful!

TheFamousStacie said...

Poor Chad, keeps getting me pregnant trying to get a blue eyed baby, but those dominate brown eyes keep popping out!

I tried to explain to him that he has no chance of passing them on, because I learned in 8th grade bio that if two parents have brown eyes than their child's brown eyes will be dominate.

I suppose it could come out in a grandkid.

I have feisty days too. I usually just end up crying because I don't get my way. How old am I!? Yes, I still cry sometimes when I don't get my way.

Good for you to keep your temper and come out ahead for it!

Looks like you're training Sugar well!!!!

Tyler Mons said...

Great story!! Go blue eyed girl! Wish I could meet her myself!

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Oh ... and Kevin wanted blue eyes, too (I'm blue, he's brown). Thankfully, Kevin's dad has blue eyes and they were able to pull through for a blue-eyed Lubbock!

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I don't think I hit enter on my first comment ... too early!

Anyway ... I was sayin' that Sugar better learn to use those powers for good, not evil ;)