Friday, March 11, 2011

Handipoints!

I know, you are in shock I'm posting again so soon. I know I've said it before, but if you have kids old enough to use a computer, you should really look at Handipoints! I added some goals for the boys to earn a Wii game, and they have been fighting over who gets to wash, sort, and put away laundry. I'll enjoy it while it lasts until they earn their game. I remember being at a parenting class and the teacher said that our job as a mother is to work ourselves out of our job. Basically meaning, we need to be teaching our kids how to do laundry, clean, work, and cook for themselves before they leave our homes.

Wednesday was a bit rough for me. My host for my Signing with a Smile stopped hosting me, so I spent the day in a near panic that I didn't have a website. It's not good for business when the website doesn't work!

I did get to go Dragon Boating that night. You are thinking that it is super cold to be on a river right now, and you would be right. There is a place that has an INDOOR Dragon Boat facility. Who knew?! The trainer worked us pretty hard and we were all pretty beat by the end. Just in case you were wondering, it is a lot harder than it looks. ;o) My RA flare isn't calming down with the steroids yet, so between sets, I was sticking my hands in the cold water. Oooo, felt soooo good to get them chilled.

I came home and had to make crepes for Jamo's French Festival. Oh la la! I love crepes, but I like Brad's recipe better. By the time I was stirring the batter, my hands were beat down. I kept a bowl of ice water by the stove to chill my hands between flipping the crepes. It took me almost 2 hours just to make 24 crepes. Not cool. I wonder how Brad does it so fast?

And today has just been one nutty day too. The boys didn't have school for teacher meetings. I slept in until 9:30, but I'm pretty sure Sugar was up at 7 am. When she fell asleep on the couch at 11 am, I just thought she was tired from waking up early. My childcare arrangements didn't work out, so I bribed the kids and took them to my class with me. They were so well behaved. I know I have amazing kids and they are usually extremely well-behaved. I feel blessed. The class went great and there were no problems. I had bribed them with McDonald's and Sugar was asleep before we got home. I thought that maybe that first nap wasn't long enough, but I still wasn't suspicious.

After eating half of her lunch, she went back to sleep, and then I knew she was sick. The next time she woke up I took her temperature and sure enough, there was a fever. She spent the rest of the afternoon asleep. Poor sweet baby girl.

Then I got to spend the remainder of my afternoon working out some misunderstandings and miscommunications with one of my class locations. I think we have it worked out now.

It has just been a long an exhausting day and I see myself in bed in the very near future.


1 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

I don't recall your RA when we were in OK. Have you always had it?