Wednesday, March 23, 2011

By a hair

In good news, the parking ticket was dismissed. Wise of them. I would have fought it tooth and nail had they not.

Brad went on a fellowship interview on Sunday. He had forgotten to hand off the pager, so I went to another resident's house to drop it off. Unfortunately, the road to their house was ripped up by construction and I had to do a scenic detour.

As I was leaving their street, I turned to go down another tiny street to the main street. I turned down it before I saw what I was up against. It was so narrow. And there were cars parked on both sides. I knew there was no way I could get past the 2 cars without some damage to Odie. So, I thought about reversing. But there was a line of 4 or 5 cars behind me also on narrow, one way streets. Going back wasn't an option, so I'd have to go through. Odie has already had his share of bumps and bruises in Phreaking Philly, so I wanted to keep the damage as minimal as possible.

I started to go past the two cars and saw that the one on the right was scratched like crazy. I was obviously not the first wide car to try this treacherous path. Why would the idiot park there, I'd like to know?! I went ever so slowly through the two cars. I'm not even exaggerating when I say there was MAYBE 6 inches between Odie and the car on the left. And I was so close on the right, I couldn't even see how close it was. But, somehow, Odie made it through unscathed. Wow, I may almost get the hang of this Philly driving thing.


2 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Remind me to never move to Philly. I don't think I could handle those driving conditions. Yuck!

Jenn said...

I'm with Jill, I'd have major road rage issues!